bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » E-Comics » Review: Ticklish Copgames/Gabi's Secrets DOUBLE FEATURE » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Review: Ticklish Copgames/Gabi's Secrets DOUBLE FEATURE
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
potk potk is a male
Super Moderator/One-Shoe Guru

images/avatars/avatar-46.jpg

Registration Date: 04-05-2011

Text Review: Ticklish Copgames/Gabi's Secrets DOUBLE FEATURE Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

WARNING: THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR THE TICKLISH COPGAMES/GABI'S SECRETS DOUBLE FEATURE

Another day, another e-comic that needs to be reviewed Smile . Starting this review off, it's worth noting that this is not only a remake of the original "Ticklish Copgames" e-comic, but also a pseudo-sequel to "Gabi's Secret Shoe and Foot Fantasies", which was released a little while ago. It's not necessary to understand anything in this e-comic if you haven't bought the original, though I'd still recommend it, as it's great.

I may sound a bit nit-picky during this review though, because I honestly thought this e-comic was probably fantomaZ's weakest in a while, and I think it's rather notable by the very first thing we see… why was Paris Hilton in the e-comic? It really surprised me at the start, and felt kind of weird having these fictional e-models deal with a real celebrity. I would have preferred you had used one of your other original e-models instead, not to mention that she doesn't appear nor is mentioned again. Also, I thought her dialogue was a bit too "sophisticated" for her character (if you know what I mean Tongue )

Next we should go onto the rest of the cast: Although before I've stated that having too large a cast would not let each individual live up to their potential, I didn't really have that problem in this one. The pairs of Sophie/Shannon and Gabi/Lenora work great together and pretty much form a single unit (if that makes sense), and some of the other members of the cast disappear after a while and don't come back, though having them just leave did kind of irk me at first. Though the subplot with Romina and Sayo was neat, I thought it could have been expanded a good amount more. For instance, you could've had Sayo actually chase Romina through the subway cars in a race to get her shoe back, all the while avoiding getting her pretty toes stepped on and ruining her stockings; that idea alone would be a really interesting e-comic.

This also leads into probably my biggest point of this review: I honestly think it would have been better if this weren't a Double Feature. Even though putting the two (technically three) stories together didn't create any real problems, each story I thought could stand on it's own, and I honestly thought that Gabi's half of the story could have been expanded on a bit, not to mention what I said about the Romina/Sayo subplot. You have all these great ideas that can stand on their own two feet, but you're so focused on stealing a shoe from each of them, they have to help each other walk to get to their destination.

Starting with this review, I'm also going to post my favorite shot of the e-comic as part of the review. My favorite shot of the review is literally at the very end of the e-comic. It's the shot of Shannon walking with thew focus dead-center on her feet, with the others you can see right behind her. It's a great shot because it shows off the loose gaps not only between her shoe and her foot, but also her foot and her nylons as well. It gets bonus points for having the other characters in the background as well Smile .

quote:

It was a tough pick between that, the small pic of Romina's stocking-clad foot, or any of Willow's one-shoed scenes. On the topic of one-shoe scenes, I honestly think that Willow had the best one-shoe scenes out of al the characters. I loved the way her sleek foot was covering her shoed-one, not to mention her expressions were great. I also loved the outfit you chose for Gabi in this comic, especially the cuffs on the end of her leather pants.

03-21-2013 21:23 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Nice review! Personally I think Gabi's stocking foot looked the best.
03-21-2013 22:25 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This one might have been my favorite so far, although I agree that Paris Hilton may not have been the best choice (although she's really not supposed to be Paris Hilton, just looks like her and has the same first name). I loved the original copgames, and always felt it had some of my favorite writing towards the end. But I lived this one even more because of the Gabi subplot which was a lot of fun to write. True they all could have worked as seperate e-comics, but I kind of like the way they all sort of linked together and led to an entertaining ending.
03-22-2013 00:48 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
fantomaZ
Administrator

Registration Date: 03-02-2010

thanks for this Review. just a short Explanation about the Paris prologue. this was just intended to show a little bit of Lucia's Job, give her character more depth and explain why she is doing what she is doing in the main Story ...
03-22-2013 11:11 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » E-Comics » Review: Ticklish Copgames/Gabi's Secrets DOUBLE FEATURE

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH