bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Requests » A vote on Portia » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page A vote on Portia
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Kindred

images/avatars/avatar-3.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2011

A vote on Portia Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I loved Portia in Hotel Coochie Coo, I saw her on the not recommended list and I think her character needs an update, I would like to hear back from the group to see if I'm the only one who thinks so... Here are my reasons:

1. Portia, as far as I can see is the only Filipino woman.
2. Portia is the White Feather Cat Burglar and what good is having 30 cops if there's no criminals to chase.
3. I like Portia

(I admit the last one isn't a strong argument exactly)

Please post comments, yes, no or even an "I don't care" is appreciated.

Kindred
03-26-2012 18:49 Kindred is offline Send an Email to Kindred Search for Posts by Kindred Add Kindred to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

RE: A vote on Portia Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I agree. Smile
03-27-2012 05:49 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Morfe22

Registration Date: 03-02-2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

She is the first character I ever commissioned from Fantomaz and I was amazed with the job he did. She remains one of my favourite characters and the only reason she didn't appear in the Police Academy story was concern that she would look dated next to the shiny new models.

I think she remains one of he most interesting characters with a lot of scope for future adventures and i'd love to see her updated. I was sad to see her in the faded stars section and had pondered whether it would be possible to commission an updated version. I'd be interested to hear Fant's view Smile
03-27-2012 19:51 Morfe22 is offline Send an Email to Morfe22 Search for Posts by Morfe22 Add Morfe22 to your Buddy List
fantomaZ
Administrator

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

well if the commissioner himself votes for an updated version, I will of course see what I can do Smile

problem is that it is almost impossible to create similar looking models on different base figures. it's easier to create something like close family members like a sister or a cousin by using some similarities. but I'll see what I can specially do for Portia. maybe she is forced to lettin a facial surgeon do some adaptions because she somehow got on Nylondon's most wanted list with a phantom picture that comes close to her actual look ...

I'll think about it ...
03-27-2012 23:49 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
fantomaZ
Administrator

Portia redesigned ... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

this model will only go as new version of Portia into the catalogue if morfe who commissioned the original Portia agrees to it. otherwise it could be her sister or cousin. she is a petite model which means that the proportions are the same like the old Portia. please tell me what you think of her ...

fantomaZ has attached these images (downsized versions):
0002facecam01C_0002.png 0002zoom01_0002.png 0002maincam01C_0002.png

03-28-2012 22:26 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
Kindred

images/avatars/avatar-3.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by Kindred
Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Vey very very very very very very nice!!!!!!
03-29-2012 04:48 Kindred is offline Send an Email to Kindred Search for Posts by Kindred Add Kindred to your Buddy List
fantomaZ
Administrator

Thumb Up! here she is ... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

the redesigned "White Feather Catburglar" ...

check the brandnew Nylondon flag Big Grin

fantomaZ has attached this image (reduced version):
setcard011_Portia.jpg

03-31-2012 17:34 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
Morfe22

RE: here she is ... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You did an amazing job once again and i'm really looking forward to the future adventures of the new and improved classy cat burglar!

Thanks so much for taking the time to redesign her and thanks to Kindred for bringing Portia back into the spotlight Smile
03-31-2012 21:48 Morfe22 is offline Send an Email to Morfe22 Search for Posts by Morfe22 Add Morfe22 to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Nice job on the new models. I've got an idea on how Portia could be replaced maybe Carla Donna throws her out on the street (keeping one of her shoes) and goes out to find a new girl as her replacement because he would prefer a girl who loses her shoe more often.

I personally think that the Nylondon flag should have one high heeled shoe on the woman's foot because there just as many nylon as there are missing high heel shoes in Nylondon. By the way which models legs did you use for the flag.
03-31-2012 22:06 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
omega omega is a male
King

images/avatars/avatar-28.jpg

Registration Date: 11-05-2011

Oh I meant Fatima not Portia.

Edit: Cool I just checked out the new Fatima I like that she's been updated but she still retains similarities in her design. My only complaints are that there aren't any pics with her missing a shoe on her profile like her previous one.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by omega: 04-01-2012 19:47.

04-01-2012 01:31 omega is offline Send an Email to omega Search for Posts by omega Add omega to your Buddy List
fantomaZ
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by omega
Oh I meant Fatima not Portia.

Edit: Cool I just checked out the new Fatima I like that she's been updated but she still retains similarities in her design. My only complaints are that there aren't any pics with her missing a shoe on her profile like her previous one.

setcards now usually don't include story pics or previews. they are intended to give a brief glimpse of character, style and environment. but don't worry - you'll see her less one shoe soon Wink
04-01-2012 20:53 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
fantomaZ
Administrator

quote:
Nice job on the new models. I've got an idea on how Portia could be replaced maybe Carla Donna throws her out on the street (keeping one of her shoes) and goes out to find a new girl as her replacement because he would prefer a girl who loses her shoe more often.

I personally think that the Nylondon flag should have one high heeled shoe on the woman's foot because there just as many nylon as there are missing high heel shoes in Nylondon. By the way which models legs did you use for the flag.

I did use one specific model for the flag pic, but there might be a story about the media trying to find out who's legs those are as it is kept a secret. so I don't want to give that away too early ... although it's only an option. if you REALLY can't wait and just HAVE to know, write me a pm ...
04-01-2012 20:55 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
fantomaZ
Administrator

RE: here she is ... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Morfe22
You did an amazing job once again and i'm really looking forward to the future adventures of the new and improved classy cat burglar!

Thanks so much for taking the time to redesign her and thanks to Kindred for bringing Portia back into the spotlight Smile

thanks Smile
yes, she is already longing to do some ticklish cat burglaring very soon ...
04-01-2012 20:56 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
Mandrake Mandrake is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2010

quote:
Originally posted by fantomaZ
quote:

I did use one specific model for the flag pic, but there might be a story about the media trying to find out who's legs those are as it is kept a secret. so I don't want to give that away too early ... although it's only an option. if you REALLY can't wait and just HAVE to know, write me a pm ...

It'd be a funny story if the flag was originally intended to have shoes, but the model lost them or had them stolen so she had to do the picture without shoes.
10-16-2012 14:36 Mandrake is offline Send an Email to Mandrake Homepage of Mandrake Search for Posts by Mandrake Add Mandrake to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Mandrake: MandrakeMoorglade
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Requests » A vote on Portia

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH