bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Real Life Experiences » Cinema attendant » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Cinema attendant
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
hunter77721 hunter77721 is a male
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-54.jpg

Registration Date: 01-28-2012

Cinema attendant Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yesterday I was in the cinema at the "Arctic". (Do you know that this movie starring an An-2 Polish plane from the Gliwice Aeroclub?). In front of room number 3, where the screening took place, there was a young cinema attendant, at the most 25 years old, quite pretty, with brown eyes and semi-long dark hair. I noticed that she looked a little nervous. She checked my ticket and let me into the room. But then I dropped the ticket and when I bent down to pick it up, I noticed the reason for her nervousness. She wore a black short skirt, black opaque tights - and only one matt black ballerina flat, on her right foot. She knew that I noticed that and gave me a panicked look. I did not say anything and she turned to the next people. The light was not bright, so it was hard to see that this girl had only one shoe. I looked at her for a while, as she stood at her workplace, with her shoeless left foot moved a little back, and I went to the no.3 room. While watching the movie, I was wondering what happened to her other shoe? Why she had to work wearing only one? When the movie ended and I left the screening room, there was another ticket-reader in the corridor.

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by hunter77721: 04-27-2019 15:01.

02-11-2019 10:01 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
Jormun Jormun is a male

images/avatars/avatar-59.png

Registration Date: 05-06-2016

RE: Cinema attendant Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Oh wow!? I wonder what happened...
I've never actually seen a one shoe stranding IRL before, let alone in such a public venue, and on the job no less. Cool story! Thanks for sharing!

02-17-2019 01:22 Jormun is offline Send an Email to Jormun Homepage of Jormun Search for Posts by Jormun Add Jormun to your Buddy List
Double Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by hunter77721
Smile RE: Cinema attendant Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My pleasure! I am still wondering, what had been happened to her as well.
PS - great works on Your DA acount! I tnink, maybe You could made a pic of that scene? Wink

02-17-2019 11:28 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
Jormun Jormun is a male

images/avatars/avatar-59.png

Registration Date: 05-06-2016

RE: Cinema attendant Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks hunter!
I might one day! It is a cool scenario I've experimented with a couple of times in the past (standing and stranded with one shoe on the job as seen here: http://fav.me/dbzj6tx and here: http://fav.me/dbyf4pz).
But I haven't done a cinema attendant before you're right! And I could totally see a cute black and burgundy vest uniform ensemble in my mind's eye.

02-18-2019 11:47 Jormun is offline Send an Email to Jormun Homepage of Jormun Search for Posts by Jormun Add Jormun to your Buddy List
Double Ace

Sounds great!

02-20-2019 17:15 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
ko962 ko962 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-29.jpg

Registration Date: 08-07-2012

RE: One shoe lady Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yesterday I was painting a house and the woman across the road came over and she was talking to the owner of the house I am painting. I had dust sheets on the floor and she caught her heel in the sheet and as she moved, the sheet with a drip of paint on it touched her shoe. She looked down and said oh no! I said what's up, I've got paint on my new shoe, so I tried to wipe it off, but it just smudged, I said it need washing off before it dries, she said ok then, I said you need to take it off, ok go on then. I undid the strap and slipped it off her foot and took it into the kitchen, she just stood there talking to the owner of the house. I washed of the paint and dried off her shoe, this must have taken me a good 10 minutes. When I returned to the room, I watched her standing there wearing only one shoe, after a few minutes she tuned to me and I gave her, her shoe back and said sorry it's still a bit wet, she took her shoe and said it is a bit. She then carried on talking for another 20 minutes just holding her shoe, finally she went back a cross the road wearing just one ankle strap stiletto shoe and carrying the other one.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ko962: 05-12-2019 10:33.

05-11-2019 12:40 ko962 is offline Send an Email to ko962 Homepage of ko962 Search for Posts by ko962 Add ko962 to your Buddy List
Double Ace

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It was quite long incident! And she even walks off still wearing one shoe.

It reminds me what happened when I was in middle school. One day an chemistry teacher stepped accidentally in puddle that turned to be over ankle deep. When she came to our class (it was first lesson), she just took her soaked wet right middle-heeled shoe off and spent whole lesson wearing only her left one.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by hunter77721: 06-20-2019 16:35.

06-02-2019 13:56 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
ko962 ko962 is a male
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-29.jpg

Registration Date: 08-07-2012

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My one shoe encounters.
I was about 6 or 7 and I can remember building a model bridge using my mums shoes, which was great until she came into the lounge wearing only one brown stiletto court shoe looking for the other one that I had built into my bridge She made me take the bridge apart to retrieve her shoe. I can remember saying to her as she stood there wearing only one shoe. OH mum, what now? She said, I’m not going out wearing only one shoe.

However she did come home a few times wearing only one shoe. On one occasion we went into town on the bus, as we were walking around town, suddenly she stepped out of her black stiletto sling-back sandal, she pick it up to find that the front of her sandal, the strap over her toes had come unstitched and came away from the sole, she said oh dear I can’t wear this and put it in her bag. While wearing one sandal she went into two shops before going into a shoe repairs and leave it there. Then she had to walk up town to the bus station and we had to wait for the bus to come so she sat on the bench with her legs crossed with one sandal on and one bare foot. When we got home she put the shopping away still wearing her single sandal.

This happened in the late 60s, my mum, dad, sister and me went on a long weekend break to Holland and on the Sunday went on a canal trip, as the trip ended and we all got off the boat, my mum tripped and her black sling-back stiletto sandal came off and dropped between the boat and the quay and landed in the canal, sinking without trace. She had to spend the rest of the day wearing only one sandal, back then there were no shops open on Sundays.

On the subject of holidays, in the mid-70s my mum, dad, sister and me went to Scotland. On a day trip to the isle of sky. The ferry had to wait outside the docking area for a fishing boat to pass, the water was so clear you could see the sea bed. My sister had a habit of slipping off one shoe and dangled it on her toes, she did this on the edge of the ferry deck. I always hoped she would lose it over the side and this day she did. My mum shouted at her to stop doing that or she will lose it, of course this made her jump and her shoe dropped over the side landing in the sea, then slowly sink to the sea bed. She had to walk around the rest of the day wearing two white socks and one brown Mary Jane type shoe.

I have some more true stories I’ll post later.
08-28-2019 18:00 ko962 is offline Send an Email to ko962 Homepage of ko962 Search for Posts by ko962 Add ko962 to your Buddy List
Double Ace

Interesting stories, mr. ko962! And I look forward for more if them.
And here is one from me:

A long time ago. On holiday in the lake camp, together with my best friend - Karolina, a typical boyish girl - we got to the boat. Everything would be great, but we lost one paddle. We didn't manage to get back with only one, and water carried us to the opposite shore. Except that we didn't reach the very shore, the boat stopped on a tiny "island" and got stuck on something underwater. To the shore from that clump we actually had a few more meters to go. The depth of water measured with our remaining paddle was not so deep, somehow between "to the waist" and "to the chest". However, the bottom turned out to be very muddy and sticky and Karolina suddenly shouted that she couldn't move. I grabbed her hand, pulled her and managed to free her from the trap. But when we got to the shore it turned out that Karolina didn't have one shoe. It was stuck in the sludge. There was no way to recover the loss, unfortunately. Then we had to march around the lake for almost an hour. So it was simple, we got scolded, because without someone adult we were not allowed to use boats and water bicycles. Karolina additionally has heard an earful because her lost shoe. And me - on the for endanger my friend. Well...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by hunter77721: 08-31-2019 10:10.

08-31-2019 07:16 hunter77721 is offline Send an Email to hunter77721 Search for Posts by hunter77721 Add hunter77721 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Real Life Experiences » Cinema attendant

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH