bosArt
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » E-Comics » Review: Ticklish High School Algebra » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Review: Ticklish High School Algebra
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
potk potk is a male
Super Moderator/One-Shoe Guru

images/avatars/avatar-46.jpg

Registration Date: 04-05-2011

Text Review: Ticklish High School Algebra Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

WARNING: THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS OF "RAFFAELA OVERDRESSED".

With the first e-comic of 2013 comes the first review of the first e-comic of 2013. Big Grin

After a minor hiccup that was quickly resolved thanks to fantomaZ, as with all of the stuff that fantomaZ has created, I heavily enjoyed this one. I am very impressed with the amount of amount of laughs that were made both in the e-comic and by me. Smile

The thing that I loved the most about it was how it escalated and grew into something that completely suprised me nearing the end. There were a lot of small touches that I really liked, such as Lorena being tied to the desk, or the SpongeBob graphic inside Jeff's locker. It also has one of my favourite shots/angles that I have seen in any of fantomaZ's comics (see the attachment below).

Of course, this review wouldn't really be worth anything if I didn't say anything constructive for fantomaZ. One tiny qualm I had with the e-comic is that the fun pretty much begins right off the bat. Gabi and Lorena sit down and right on the next page, Lorena immediately gets her shoe stolen. I'm all for getting to the good stuff, but a bit more build up would've been a lot better, especially since the latter half of the story evolves into a gigantic tickle-fest.

Also, on the concept of Lorena, this may be just me, but something about her eyes kind of irks me. Some models also suprised me, such as Elenoar's sneakiness; reading her setcard, I didn't pen her as the sneaky type. I had always had her down in my mind as the slower, more reserved kind of girl (I had always loved Elenoar's leapord flats, too. I hope we see them again. Smile )

Another thing was that I thought was that since the comic focuses mostly on Lenora, some characters were underutilized. Christine definitely comes to mind; all she does is de-shoe Elenoar, which results with her getting tickled, but that was pretty much it, and hte same goes for Naima. This is one of the reasons why I find it's rather hard to deal with such a large cast; you have to have enough material in order for everyone to shine, and some didn't shine as brightly as others.

All that leads to my final point in this review: Gabi. If you were never able to view the previews in the Member's Section, you wouldn't know that this comic was originally entitled "Gabi's Secret Shoe and Foot Fantasies". With a title like that, I thought that the this would deeply dive into Gabi's one-shoed walk down the other side, and was rather disappointed that it didn't go as far as I had thought. I'm guessing this was the reason why it was renamed to "Ticklish High School Algebra", so I'm heavily hoping that this is explored more in the future, as some of the other previews in the Members Section entail.

All-in-all, this was a very fun ride, and I hope that everything else that fantomaZ is working on will be as fun as this one. Smile

potk has attached this image (reduced version):
Lenora angle.jpg

02-04-2013 03:44 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
fantomaZ
Administrator

Registration Date: 03-02-2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

thank you for this detailed review. one of the quickest responses I remember. always good to learn how it even can be done better Smile

and don't worry: the sequel to this one in which Gabi's fantasies come true for the first time is already about 2/3 completed ...
02-04-2013 04:17 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male

Thread Starter Thread Started by potk
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fantomaZ
thank you for this detailed review. one of the quickest responses I remember. always good to learn how it even can be done better Smile

and don't worry: the sequel to this one in which Gabi's fantasies come true for the first time is already about 2/3 completed ...

No problem. By the way, how many peole have gotten it thus far? I'm actually hoping I was the first to get it. Tongue

02-04-2013 05:25 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
fantomaZ
Administrator

there were 2 - you one of them - who bought the second it went online. looked almost as if they kept refreshing the page to make sure to get it first Wink

til now all in all 5, which is a good start as it was too late for european and asian customers ...
02-04-2013 09:58 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
Morfe22

Definitely one of my favourites. The story was fun and the visuals were stunning. A good cast of characters who interacted well with one another and as always their varied personalities really brought the scenes to life.

Tina and Orianne have certainly found a place in my heart. I'm looking forward to seeing their further adventures. Smile

Great work!
02-04-2013 22:16 Morfe22 is offline Send an Email to Morfe22 Search for Posts by Morfe22 Add Morfe22 to your Buddy List
fantomaZ
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Morfe22
Definitely one of my favourites. The story was fun and the visuals were stunning. A good cast of characters who interacted well with one another and as always their varied personalities really brought the scenes to life.

Tina and Orianne have certainly found a place in my heart. I'm looking forward to seeing their further adventures. Smile

Great work!

thank you Smile

Tina is a very special model. very high level of detail. I especially like those freckles on her legs peeking through the nylons. that's why she always have to wear the sheerest nylons available Wink
02-04-2013 22:21 fantomaZ is offline Send an Email to fantomaZ Search for Posts by fantomaZ Add fantomaZ to your Buddy List
potk potk is a male

Thread Starter Thread Started by potk

A little blooper I noticed while going through the e-comic again; in one ofthe pics Gabi's right shoe is missing it's strap.

quote:

I also noticed that there are two different patterns on her shoes; are they half-aligator half-crocodile patterns, or were they really that cheap? Tongue

03-21-2013 21:15 potk is offline Send an Email to potk Homepage of potk Search for Posts by potk Add potk to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
bosArt » Critiques, Discussions & Reviews » E-Comics » Review: Ticklish High School Algebra

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH