bosArt (http://board.bosart.eu/index.php)
- Member Lounge (http://board.bosart.eu/board.php?boardid=1)
-- Cinderology (http://board.bosart.eu/thread.php?threadid=205)

Posted by grizzletoad1 on 08-23-2013 at22:43:

Cinderology

I'm new to this site, but I've always had an "unusual" interest in seeing women who have lost one shoe. I can't really remember how it all started, but the situation has always intrigued me. I thought I may have been alone in this, but now I realize that there are far more who share my interest that I ever thought.

I happed to also be an avid model railroader and rail history buff. Over the years, those of us who like trains have been called many names, some not so complimentary. One that always made me chuckle was the term "ferroequinologists" meaning one who studies the Iron Horse. The science of studying the Iron Horse and its ways would therefore be called "ferroequinology". I'm proposing a new term for us who study the form of the woman who loses one shoe as "Cinderologists," in defference to the grand dame of one shoed females, good old Cinderella. The science of how and/or why a woman loses one of her shoes would be called "Cinderology". Has a catchy ring to it, doesn't it? Just a humerous thought to introduce myself to you all. What do you think?

Posted by Nopperabo on 08-24-2013 at00:38:

Well, the condition of being half shod already has an official word (monosandalos) and has since the Ancient Greeks and so I've always used the word "monosandalist" to describe us. But as far as I know no current word exists for the study of the reasons why a person would lose a shoe, so I'm cool with your suggestion there.

Posted by ko962 on 08-24-2013 at11:03:

RE: Cinderology

quote:
Originally posted by grizzletoad1
I'm new to this site, but I've always had an "unusual" interest in seeing women who have lost one shoe. I can't really remember how it all started, but the situation has always intrigued me. I thought I may have been alone in this, but now I realize that there are far more who share my interest that I ever thought.

I happed to also be an avid model railroader and rail history buff. Over the years, those of us who like trains have been called many names, some not so complimentary. One that always made me chuckle was the term "ferroequinologists" meaning one who studies the Iron Horse. The science of studying the Iron Horse and its ways would therefore be called "ferroequinology". I'm proposing a new term for us who study the form of the woman who loses one shoe as "Cinderologists," in defference to the grand dame of one shoed females, good old Cinderella. The science of how and/or why a woman loses one of her shoes would be called "Cinderology". Has a catchy ring to it, doesn't it? Just a humerous thought to introduce myself to you all. What do you think?

Welcome to the site. I think "Cinderologists" is a great term. Before the internet I thought I was the only one that got turned on by a woman wearing one shoe too.

Posted by Powell on 08-24-2013 at15:47:

Hello and warm welcome to our family!
Here you will find many friends and a lot of material related to the phenomenon of women wearing only one shoe!
I think 'Cinderology' is a fine term.

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH